Saturday, September 6, 2008

Zoo et 4th Bday!

So, one of the first creatures we come across at the Calgary zoo is this here LARGE vulture. We saw it up close and Beautiful. I joked to Mika and I's friends that he was starring me down like he wanted to eat me, just like in the movies! Ha ha, jokes on me. I found out after this on his little info display that he eats cattle. Mmmm, lunch!







We didn't think the girls would make it, this is them not even an hour into our trip. They looked so sleepy.



Nothing a little ice cream treat couldn't pick up! 7 hours later (and passed closing time-whoops!) we had an EXCELLENT day, one to remember forever!








First sleep over! For a half hour all they did was giggle. We went in to tell them to be more quite, and Mika said, "But it's SOOOO hard!!" Oh, the sleepover days!



We rushed home for the big BDAY PARTY!


A little bday fussing.
Hope made BEAUTIFUL mermaid costumes (that Mika wouldn't take off for THREE days after) and the ladies had a sweet time.

That's right,a lot of candles. I got in trouble for so many candles by more than 5 people at lease, but hey- the candle blowing is the most fun at this age! Whatever!


Here, we are excited to blow out the candle....



Here, we keep trying......


And now its all serious, the hear is pulled back, the cheeks are bubbling out to full proportions and the lips are seriously aimed with that wind.

SUCCESS! Isn't she lovely at four?



Some prezzies.


And a four (4! ha ha) generation picture. (Taken by Hope Walls. Sorry for the watermark Hope, had to use something)


Happy Birthday, little Mika Mermaid!

1 comment:

Hope Walls said...

~gasp~ watermark? lol
It was my pleasure to snap the picture, and I don't care if there's a watermark or not. Mostly, I think of starfish when I think of Mika's birthday party. And smile. Thank you for having us over.