Tuesday, January 27, 2009

creatures of the wet world


On a fun afternoon at the mall, we decided to go underground to the caverns. What a secret world! I recommend this place to anyone! I could spend hours down there, and didn't want to leave. You can touch and pet things and get up close and personal! I watched this little red urchin below cling to the rock, then it decided to move across the pool to the waterfall. So cool! Then one of three turtles kept swimming right by us from the huge wall tank with sharks in it! The penguins weren't as active this day, but a few would swim by us. The mucky glass made it hard to see, but they were Mika's favourite! I touched and tickled the green anemone. I tried to convince Mika to touch it, one of my favourite childhood things to do was play with them in tidal pools in BC on vacation. She wouldn't even stick her hand in the water :(. The alligator was my FAVOURITE! I loved him, I even tried to kiss him despite the glass (that I was thankful for too, ha ha!) If a frog turns into a prince, what does an alligator turn into? Hmmmm. Katrina loved the stingrays, I tried to be brave, I even KNEW they wouldn't sting and were safe, even with the staff attendant there reassuring me- but I couldn't! Beautiful things though, so cool! They each have there own personality too! Fun day :)














1 comment:

D said...

Great water photos!!