Thursday, February 28, 2008

One Fun Girls Night.

At a local Youth Centre every January they hold a Boys night (boys only) followed by a Girls night (girls only). I was invited to donate some photography time for the girls night to do a fun shoot, which sounded like too much fun to pass up!

Something about youth is so invigorating. I sometimes feel that society views youth with such a negative distaste, quick to judge- which is extremely unfortunate. Spend a night, or have a conversation with one of these energetic young folk, and you will see how vitally alive they are. They have such great hopes for their future, and for the worlds future. In all honesty, I have a much higher hope myself after spending time with them because I see that they have not given up on passionate things, like helping and healing, loving and living, dreaming and aspiring. I find them grounding and encouraging.

They strive with their own personal drive and ambition to create an impact that emits beauty and fascination into this world. It is true. I love them!

Thanks ladies, for letting me be a small part of your inspiration!





2 comments:

Hope Walls said...

These look like way too much fun, Laura! Were these what you were using the strobe for?

Unknown said...

Yeah. I used it half the time. There was actually quite a bit of continual light that night. It was a lot of fun!