Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Autumn Walk Through the Neighborhood.

So I have a bit of a confession. This is a family that I've wanted to take photos of for a long time. As a Photographer, I can't really go around town asking families to hire me directly. I have to put myself out there and then wait and hope they like my work and decide that they want a piece of the art I hope to provide.

Well, of course timing is everything, and this Mom has perfect timing. I've seen consistently how hard she works in this community over time to volunteer for different causes and needs and I was thrilled when she put effort together to donate to our local spray park through an auction fundraiser that I was glad to contribute to. Such hard work has gone into providing a great community for not only her children, but everyone's. Thank you so much!

On the day I came to this house it was slightly misty, the kind of day that could get better or worse. I felt like I was in England in this family's yard with the weather and the perfect hedge and the brick paths. And might I add, a perfectly behaved dog that sat so nicely in on the family photo. My own pup could learn a thing or two! We headed out for a walk through parks and woods and the children bounded about. I'm telling you, it felt as much from an English country side setting as it sounds! At least to me it did. A very fun time, thank you so much!





































No comments: