Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Here is out day at the beach on the weekend. This is us when we first got there. I've never been to Alberta Beach that I can remember, and I think I'm its new biggest fan! We walked to the end of the peer and all dangled our feet over the edge.


Mike said his feet were too sore, the deck was very very hot. He couldn't make it back, so decided to dip his feet in over the edge. I thought there would be a bigger splash, but there wasn't so him going over the side here is a little anti-climatical.


After I had a mini snooze on the beach, Mike and I traded and I went to build a sand castle with miss Mika. Sand castles and the smell of suntan lotion is thereputic in my books.



Probably my favourite moment of the entire weekend, was out in the water hanging with her. The fresh lake air smell, giggles and splashes, exploring whats above and below the water surface. I'm glad I had a water baby that loves it, she is getting primed for our upcoming oceanic holiday this year! **smiles**



I love how swimming gives the best kind of appetite. Food always tastes better after. Mika taking in some fuel before we hit the road.

Okay, you get one self portrait of moi, and it's not that clear. Oh well, deal with it. ha ha!



And just for your info, I got a sun burn, though not as bad as Mike's. Mika was the only one with the SPF50 on, she was ready for day two the next day. "We going to the beach, mama?" That kid wears her swimsuit to bed! (she really does some days actually)

2 comments:

Hope Walls said...

I wish we hadn't have been so busy. We would totally have crashed you at the beach with Miss SJ who also lives in her swimsuit...

Anonymous said...

mika is so gorgeous!!
her and rylan will make
beautiful cousins! heh