Monday, May 26, 2008

A Walk To Remember

So, as part of a team of Official Canadian Cancer Society Relay Photographers for 2008, I spent my Saturday at foote field taking pictures, and trying hard, unsuccessfully, to hold it all together.

I am at a loss for words, and am sad I couldn't stay further into the night to see and photograph the beautiful luminaries and spirited people. I did get to hear the survivor speeches however, something absolutely inspiring and worth hearing to truly know that every day counts, mostly this day.




This is the group photo of all the survivors present at the relay.

Cute girls who preformed during the speeches.

This is the lady who made me absolutely lose it, I had a hard time pulling myself together. A survivor of 32 years, her words were more than inspiring they were life shattering.

And just the site of these two made me break into tears again while I was taking pictures.


One day, the words "You have cancer" won't be as devastating, thanks to events like these. With just under $500, 000 raised, we are that much closer.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a life changing day Laura! glad you could capture some of it for the rest of us...